cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso LPC11U68 x Keil MDK ARM ULink2

danielribeiro
Contributor II

Hi all !
I've a LPCXpresso LPC11U68 board ( bought from Mouser ) and I'm trying to use it with Keil MDK and ULink2. I've followed the instructions for this, both from Keil ( place the VCC jumper inside ULink2 board to +3V3 ) as from the 'LPCXpresso V2 Board Family' document ( Use J3, not J5, short pins 1 and 2 of JP2 and let JP1 open ). I've connected ULink2 to P1 on LPC11U68 board, and, in Keil IDE, when I go to 'Options for Target' -> Debug -> Settings button, I get the message 'SWD Communication Failure', both for the 'ULink2/ME Cortex Debugger' selection and for 'CMSIS-DAP Debugger'. It's worth to say I've a custom board with LPC11E67JBD48 that works very well with the above configuration ( Keil MDK and ULink2 ). My OS is Windows 10, 64 bits. Is there anything more that could be done in order to workaround this problem?
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Ribeiro

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I don't have the ULink2 on hand, however, I use the LPC-Link2 which is able to be used as the CMSIS-DAP or Segger J-Link debug probe, it can connect the onboard LPC11U68 successful when keeping the default jumper configuration, short pins 1 and 2 of JP2 and let JP1 open. No matter LPC-Link2 contain either firmware of the CMSIS-DAP or Segger J-Link. (My board is version C)
So I'd like to suggest you check the hardware of the board again and try to use the onboard debug to give a try.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos