Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55 power lib of "-fshort-enums -fno-short-whcar" options

Jump to solution
kentseng
Contributor II

Dear Sirs :  

I have the same question as the request of NXP community about 1 year ago. 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-SDK/LPC55-power-lib-of-quot-fshort-enums-fno-short-whcar-quo...  

LPC55 power lib of "-fshort-enums -fno-short-whcar" options requisition  

Can NXP provide the project with disabled “Short enums/wchar” option now ? 

I'm trying to add fingerprint lib to trustzone example “Hello World” from SDK_2.9.0_LPCXpresso55S69_Keil ( Keil IDE proejct ) 

Everything runs good until I disable the “Short enums/wchar” options which enable in the “Language / Code Generation” of Options dialog Arm C/C++ (AC6) Compiler. 

kentseng_0-1620181653499.jpeg

That's why I got the error message “debug\hello_world_s.out: Error: L6242E: Cannot link object fsl_power_lib.o as its attributes are incompatible with the image attributes.” from console log after built project. 

kentseng_1-1620181653511.png

To fix the error message, we can either  

- change the lib project source compiler setting to make it same with the application settings.  

or  

- change the application compiler setting to keep it same it as same as lib's. 

Reference : 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-SDK/LPC55-power-lib-of-quot-fshort-enums-fno-short-whcar-quo...  

LPC55 power lib of "-fshort-enums -fno-short-whcar" options requisition  

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please give me some time to check this internally. I will let you know any update.

Best regards,

Felipe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have received information from internal team, unfortunately, you will have to keep those settings to match powerlib attributes. Otherwise it'd require full validation and support from SDK team just for this change. If this is really required, we'd need to analyze the opportunity internally.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please give me some time to check this internally. I will let you know any update.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos
kentseng
Contributor II

Hi Felipe

I using the Keil SDK, and change the "keil_lib_power_cm33_core0_disable_short_enum_wchar.lib"

it's workable. thanks.

0 Kudos