cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC546xx minimal clock speed when using USB1 in full speed

Jump to solution
arno1
Contributor II

We are using the USB1 (high speed USB peripheral) from the LPC54606, but we are using it in Full Speed mode (which is a lower speed than high speed).

The reference manual mentions that the system clock should be at least 60 MHz for high speed USB operation, but it is unclear to me what the clock frequency should be in case of using it in Full Speed.
Currently the system is clocked at 48 MHz and our Mass Storage Class implementation (based on the example in the MCUXpresso SDK) is working without any problems.

However we are seeing some issues with the CDC ACM implementation (also based on the example from the SDK) and I'm wondering if this might have anything to do with it, or if I need to look in a different area.

Hopefully someone can give me some background/additional information on this speed requirement.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arno,

I was informed there is no way to force USB1 to run in full speed mode.
If you want to use USB Full speed mode, please use USB0 instead.

For USB0:

USB main clock: The USB main clock is a 48 MHz clock used for USB functions. If the FRO is used as the USB clock source, it can be configured to adjust automatically to the USB bus rate .
• CPU clock: The minimum frequency of the CPU clock is 12 MHz when the USB device controller is receiving or transmitting USB packets.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arno,

I was informed there is no way to force USB1 to run in full speed mode.
If you want to use USB Full speed mode, please use USB0 instead.

For USB0:

USB main clock: The USB main clock is a 48 MHz clock used for USB functions. If the FRO is used as the USB clock source, it can be configured to adjust automatically to the USB bus rate .
• CPU clock: The minimum frequency of the CPU clock is 12 MHz when the USB device controller is receiving or transmitting USB packets.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
arno1
Contributor II

After digging through the SDK, I found out that the variable I had changed the initialization value of, always gets overwritten by the SDK.
We are not able to use the USB0 as we are using pretty much all available pins of the MCU in our project.

After increasing the speed the CDC ACM communication does improve, but I'm still running into some issues.

0 Kudos