Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54628J512 bricked ?

Jump to solution
pepoja
Contributor II

Hi NXP guys and community!

I have eval.board OM13098 for LPC54628J512.

I tested my example project (driver_examples\lcdc\lcdc_tft\mdk\) with KEIL uVision 5.21 as IDE with onboard "LPC-Link2 CMSIS-DAP V5.2" as debug probe.
I updated firmware and debug it few times. This was OK.

But, during download a last version of my firmware into MCU, my PC freeze and jump into BSOD (Windows 7).

After reboot I cannot connect with onboard MCU anymore!

The Onboard Debugger see the MCU:

2020-02-14 23_13_41-Options for Target.png

But If I try to erase or download a new firmware, it exiting with error: "Invalid ROM Table"

2020-02-14 23_14_12-CMSIS-DAP - Cortex-M Error.png

Next, I tried to disconnected USB from connector J8 (debugger) and connect USB J3 (FullSpd), switch JP9 to FS position and reset board with ISP1 (SW3) pressed - I tried to boot to bootloader.

- Without success - Windows doesn't detected a new USB device. It was total silent, like no new device connected to USB.

Also I tried to same test , but Boot to HighSpeed USB - USB connected to J2 and JP9 changed to HS position and reset with ISP2 activated.

- Without success - Windows doesn't detected a new USB device. It was total silent, like no new device connected to USB.

Now - what next?

MCU looks as bricked. I cannot connect (erase/upgrade) by ANY way.

Whats happen inside MCU?
How I check from outside, where MCU stopped?
Why doesn't boot to bootloader?

Thanks for a kick.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
According to your several testings, we can conclude that the ISP feature has been disabled, however, we can try to connect the MCU via the SWD port, the J-link Commander is a good tool to do it. In addition, the LPC-link2 can load the J-link firmware as J-Link Debug Probes.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
In my opinion, the ROM bootloader won't be damaged, however, it can be disabled actually.
So I'd like to suggest you use Flash Magic to establish the connection to OM13098 via the UART pins when force the LPC54628 enter the ISP UART boot mode. If the Flash Magic can't detect the device either, we have adequate evidence to suspect that the ISP pins have been disabled because of past misoperations

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
pepoja
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

FlashMagic cannot connect also. I think, ISP entry is disabled :-(

Whats happen inside MCU? - Looks as no valid firmware, and ISP Entry is disabled.
How I check from outside, where MCU stopped?
Why doesn't boot to bootloader?

Now - what next?

p.j.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
According to your several testings, we can conclude that the ISP feature has been disabled, however, we can try to connect the MCU via the SWD port, the J-link Commander is a good tool to do it. In addition, the LPC-link2 can load the J-link firmware as J-Link Debug Probes.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: