取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

LPC54608 Ethernet MDIO CSR clock range for 180MHz

2,664 次查看
hlsamts
Contributor III

I am using the LPC54608 evaluation board OM13092 and want to get Ethernet running using a system core clock of 180 MHz. The examples of the SDK2.2 use only 48 MHz system core clock.

In the MAC_MDIO_ADDR register I have to select a CSR clock range (Bits 11:8). According to the user manual Rev2.0, I can set CSR values for clock ranges up to 150 MHz. How can I set a clock range for 180 MHz?

Best regards,

Holger

CSR.png

(Source: NXP UM10912 User Manual Rev. 2.0, Table 800)

P.S. The OM13092 uses a LAN8720 phy, which allows for a maximum MDC clock period of 400ns -> 2.5 MHz. If I would use the register value 1, I would get a clock of 180MHz / 62 = 2.9 MHz. Therefore I need the possibility to get a lower MDIO clock.

标签 (2)
8 回复数

932 次查看
A_M
Contributor III

Please fix this isue in the UM10912 Rev. 2.4 — 11 November 2019

It's still there...

0 项奖励

2,137 次查看
andreschueer
Contributor II

Why is this change not integrated in the latest SDK 2.6. 

This issue was first delieverd to NXP from Holger Sachs end of 2017 and readressed by me May of 2019 and still this was not included in the SDK release from June 2019?

Will this never be integrated in the SDK?

0 项奖励

2,137 次查看
hlsamts
Contributor III

In the meantime I found out, that it is possible to use the value 0x4, which divides the core clock by 102. I found this value in the LPC43xx users manual (Rev 2.0, Table 606) and just gave it a try.

However:

Could anyone from NXP please give an official statement confirmation?

Please enahce your users manual with the next update.

Best regards,

Holger Sachs

0 项奖励

2,137 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Holger Sachs,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
I'll contact with the AE team about this limitation.
Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励

2,137 次查看
andreschueer
Contributor II

That thread helped us as well,

but we need confirmation from NXP.

The newest user manual for LPC546xx, the UM10912 with version 2.2 from 29.10.2018, does not include the value 0x4 for the CR register as described above.

Also the fsl_enet - driver is therefore buggy as when a clock > 150Mhz is used, the default selected CR is 0.

In our example, we are running at 180Mhz and the MDC clock therefore is divided by 42 = 4.29 Mhz.

2,137 次查看
hlsamts
Contributor III

I agree with you! It is definitely not acceptable that NXP does not care about this issue!

@NXP: Please do your homework.

By the way: jeremyzhou from NXP always promises that they will care about such issues. In my case, so far they cared about none.

2,137 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Holger Sachs,

The below is the reply from the AE team, please check it.

Below is summary of the full CSR clock range table. The UM is incomplete and will be updated in next revision. This update will be also applied to LPC54(S)0xx series.

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 项奖励

2,137 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Holger Sachs,

We both consider it should follow the same range rule as the below table shows, however, we need to contact the IP RD team for confirming.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 项奖励