Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54018 XIP with IAR not working

Jump to solution
danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi

Hardware and Software setup:

I am currently working with the "OM40003 LPCXpresso54018 Development Board" and the MCUXpresso "SDK_2.7.0_LPCXpresso54018" with the IAR toolchain. I can compile the "demo_apps" "hello_world" using the IAR toolchain "8.22.1.15700" and flashing with "SEGGER JLink V6.62b, compiled Feb 17 2020 18:41:45"g. In addition to the development board I have mounted the "OM13099: Dual CAN-FD transceiver shield" which allows me to access the FLEXCOMM8 as debug output.

Problem XIP (Execute in place from SPIFI NOR flash) does not work:

The IAR linker file "LPC54018_spifi_flash.icf" provided with this demo app by default flashes the application into the SRAMX and runs fine out of the box without any issues. When I want to run the application from SPIFI. the application does not run out of the box. Attached are both versions of this example for your reference. What am I doing wrong? How can I get the application to run from SPIFI?

Many thanks

Dani

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Gull,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd recommend you to run hello_world_qspi_xip for testing, this demo is an external flash XIP demo, CPU will execute the code in external flash.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the application and could not flash, then I tried a spare Xpresso board and I can now flash the firmware. Seems like the board was defect.

Dani

0 Kudos
danielgull
Contributor IV

Attached also the Debug Log with IAR 8.40.2.22891

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Gull,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd recommend you to run hello_world_qspi_xip for testing, this demo is an external flash XIP demo, CPU will execute the code in external flash.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos