LPC51U68 - how to control an SCT input signal from firmware?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC51U68 - how to control an SCT input signal from firmware?

Jump to solution
larsen
Contributor III

I want to affect the SCT states and events flow from firmware. I.e. generate an event like had the event originated from a pin on the chip but in stead from software.

The SCT_IN0,1,2,3 cannot be accessed by firmware in LPC51U68 in the same way as in LPC82x for instance. (see https://community.nxp.com/thread/429717), so no way via firmware to affect the SCT from these pins. See manual for LPC51U68 on page 208:

SCT input signals are predefined. The signals from external pins and internal signals are
connected directly to the SCT inputs and not routed through IOCON.

Then there are the SCT_OUT0,,,7 but again they are inaccessible to the firmware as far as I have been able to read. Once configured as SCT_OUT there is no acces in GPIO mode.

This leave only the external wire-bridge option.

Is it really true that for LPC51U68, the only way to send signal from firmware to SCT would be via one of the SCT_IN0,1,2 or 3 pins using an external wire bridge from another GPIO pin?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
larsen
Contributor III

no one has replied and I have concluded that it is not possible without making an external connection from pin to pin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi henning larsen

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Q1) Is it really true that for LPC51U68, the only way to send signal from firmware to SCT would be via one of the SCT_IN0,1,2 or 3 pins using an external wire bridge from another GPIO pin?
-- Yes, it is.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
larsen
Contributor III

no one has replied and I have concluded that it is not possible without making an external connection from pin to pin.

0 Kudos