LPC51U68 HR PWM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC51U68 HR PWM

xcellsior
Contributor I

I'm looking at the LPC51U68 series of MCUs and an alternative to another MCU that has a High-Resolution PWM.  This is a new MCU for me, and I haven't use an NXP MCU for about 5 years now.  I'm struggling to find information on the PWM output of the LPC51U68 (it's likely in the datasheet but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for).  Is there some documentation on setting up the timing?  What I want to know.  Making the math easy (assuming it is right) if the sys clock is 100MHz, and PWM period to 1us, then there are 100 quantized PWM steps.  Is there any way to increase the number of quantized steps, say 10x, or am I stuck with the sys clock for max resolution?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

If you refer to the SCTimer/PWM of the LPC51U68, you can find more information about it in the LPC51U68 User Manual, also for more detail there is the SCTimer/PWM cookbook.

An alternative is the KV4x, which features PWMA/eFlexPWM peripheral with NanoEdge high resolution. For more information on this, you can refer to the reference manual and the post Nano-edge placement feature for eFlexPWM module based on KV4x.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!