cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC43xx analog output

luca_bonora89
Contributor II

Hello everybody, I'm using an LPC43xx.

I'm reading an analog input from the ADC_CH3 and I would like to let an analog motor move when the value read is greater than a certain level.

Is it possible to do something like that with this board?

Thanks in advice

Labels (1)
3 Replies

nxf51211
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can control an analog motor by implementing a PWM signal (where the speed of the motor is determined by the duty cycle of the signal). So you can just set a duty cycle greater than 0 every time your ADC read is greater than a certain level.

PS: I recommend you first check the frequency you would have to configure the PWM so you can have the maximum speed when you set the duty cycle to 100% (You can try this by trial an error of the insertion of different PWM frequencies or you can check if this information is already provided for the motor you would be using).

Best Regards,

Ricardo Delsordo

luca_bonora89
Contributor II

Thank you Ricardo for the quick answer. Do you know where could I find an example for my board?? (LPC4337)

0 Kudos

nxf51211
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I recommend you check the project examples from LPCOpen for your board (LPC4337) where you will find an example for the use of the ADC and the PWM (using SCT): https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/lpc-developer-resources-/... 

Best Regards,

Ricardo Delsordo.

0 Kudos