LPC4370 and SDRAM Code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4370 and SDRAM Code

anitsirk
Contributor II

Anyone has a sample code to access the EMC of the LPC4370? I'll be using the IS42S32800J (8M x 32). Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Unfortunately, we don't have an example using this device, however, you can check the following links as reference, 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11508.pdf 

External SDRAM with EMC 

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kristina,

over all these years we developed different code examples and drivers, I don't know which software you use/want to use.

In general it is important to understand how an SDRAM initialization works and how to adapt it to different memory types. The final implementation in a software or driver package is more or less a philosophy, it ranges from pragmatic register programming up to abstract command using huge amount of macros.

Attached are two files from an older EMC driver implementation for the LPC4350 Hitex board, which I pimped with some useful explanations for the SDRAM initialization. This should help you to adapt it to the SDRAM you have. On the Hitex board there is a IS42S16400 16-bit SDRAM.

The implementation of the SDRAM init sequence in the current MCUXpresso SDK is more abstract, so if you don't understand the way it's done there, simply exchange the bunch of bitname defines and macros with the direct values for your SDRAM as shown in the attached driver example.

Regards,

Bernhard.

0 Kudos