LPC4357: Ethernet not working because unable to read/write RMII (custom board)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4357: Ethernet not working because unable to read/write RMII (custom board)

uaz
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently working on a custom board using LPC4357.

At the moment, I'm stuck with Ethernet driver development. I ported LPCopen drivers to Crossworks IDE.

1. My current problem is that if I try to read/write using Chip_ENET_StartMIIWrite() or Chip_ENET_StartMIIRead(), my program will get usagefault with INVSTATE bit set.

2. If I step in the program, I manage to write to MAC_MII_ADDR register without getting usage fault. But I found that GB bit of MAC_MII_ADDR is always 0 and can never be set to 1. Might this be the reason why I get usage fault?

3. I checked the MDC line using oscilloscope, but I don't see any clock signal even though I configured the "CSR clock range" of MAC_MII_ADDR register.

Anyone has any idea of what is going on? My JTAG connection also crashes a lot during debugging.

Thanks,

UAZ

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

uaz
Contributor II

Hi,

I believe, for the JTAG crashing issue, it might have something to do with the board design, but it is hard to see how the board issue is able to prevent me from setting high the GB bit of MAC_MII_ADDR.

Unfortunately I don't have any LPC4357 evaluation board and it is hard to find them on the market. Do you think LPCXpresso4367 would be a good candidate to compare its behaviour with my custom LPC4357 board?

Thanks,

UAZ

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, you can use LPCXpresso4367 for confirming.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
First of all, we should figure it out that whether this issue is related to hardware design or software code.
So I'd like to share some suggestions for you.
1. Debugging the LPCOpen demos with customer's board to replicate the issue.
2. Debugging the ported demo with MCB4000 or other evaluation boards to replicate the issue.
I think it would be easy to locate the issue after these testing.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos