LPC18XX/17XX/408X Profesional Software & Hardware tool set IIdeas and information

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC18XX/17XX/408X Profesional Software & Hardware tool set IIdeas and information

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kasunprabash on Wed Oct 31 21:35:35 MST 2012
Hi all,

I'm new to ARM world and having experience with PIC & AVR for many years. Currently doing a project to handle a graphics controller with touch screen. The TFT would have maximum resolution of 800x480. I need 8MB of flash memory and 32MB SDRAM to be connected. Therefore I have chose LPC1788 or LPC1850 like device for the project. Since its a commercial project I want to know the ideas about best (price/performance)available software and hardware tools to start the development.

Currently I'm aware of the following

1. Keil MDK with Ulink2
2. CodeRed tool chain with RedProbe
3. IAR Embedded WB for ARM with JLINK
4. Mentor Sourcery
5. Lauterbatch TRACE32

and finally LPC expresso tools.

Pls give  your valuble comments regarding this.

Thanks

Prabash
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bigkahuna on Sun Nov 25 19:04:35 MST 2012
Cusko pointed out some good development tools.  For application level you will need some professional graphics library that is
A.  Fast
B.  Low memory footprint (10s of KB)
C.  Easy to create screens using C/C++
D.  Built-in support for touch screens and frame buffer driver

There is no library that satisfies all 4.  Experiment with SWIM from segger.  This is available free from NXP.

emWIN from Segger is known to be working with Keil. In fact they provide example project with their MCB1800 board.  There are others that you can find after googling a bit but this should be a good starting point.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Cusko on Tue Nov 06 07:06:35 MST 2012
We are using Keil MDK for some time now. So from my perspective it is very good tool. It has many good examples for NXP, even for touch LCD.
I would recommend you to buy a MCB1800 board with the LPC1857 from Keil. This board has already touch screen LCD and examples with emWin graphical library. you get emWin for free with the NXP processors. 

And another thing: If you are using LCD without controller you must use external VideoRAM.

As for the other tools someone else will tell you.
0 Kudos