LPC1857 not booting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1857 not booting

vivekpjohn
Contributor II

Hai i am using LPC1857 in a custom designed card. I have followed the hardware design of MCB2300. My board was working well for months and suddenly it stopped working. Since it was working alright earlier, i didnt doubt the hardware design and hence made 4 more such boards. But now none of the boards are working/booting. In JTAG ( i am using both keil ULINK2 and Segger JLINK with KEIL microvision IDE) the core/cpu is not getting detected now. Also, i am not able to get any clock signals in the XTAL1 & 2 pins to which i have connected the 12MHz crystal. Even i tried giving an external oscillator signal to the GP_CLKIN but still not booting.

Can anyone help me out to solve this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

vivekpjohn
Contributor II

Hai,

The microcontroller core got detected when i selected SWD instead of JTAG  in the KEIL IDE. But earlier when i was using the prototype board, i was working in JTAG mode. DOn't know why it is not working in JTAG mode now and only in SWD

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
  • Use boundary scan to check if the device in general is somehow alive
  • Measure the power consumption of a defect board and compare it with a working board (for example when you hold both boards in reset)
  • Remove the chip, reball it and put it into a socket board
  • Talk to your distributor if a quality return of such a defect device is an option
0 Kudos

vivekpjohn
Contributor II

Hai,

Thanks for the reply. 

Can you please tell me how to perform the boundary scan test? Is it possible with the JTAG?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I googled for "jlink boundary scan", these are just the first 3 links which I think could show something useful:

How to do a simple JTAG (boundary) scan? - J-Link/Flasher related - SEGGER Forum 

Debugging using Segger J-Link JTAG - Boundary Devices 

JTAG chain & testing 

0 Kudos