cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1850 with QSPI Flash MX66L51235F

joeyweng_future
Contributor I

Hi:

I am trying to use Macronix MX66L51235F QSPI flash as code memory for LPC1850. According to the experience with Hitex 1850 EVB, it is necessary to get a .FLM file which contains flash algorithm. Without this .FLM file, it is impossible to program code/data into SPIFI flash.

By referring Keil website (Flash Programming Algorithms), it describes how to create our own flash algorithm. I tried to create my own version but it failed. And here comes two questions.

1. Does LPC1850 support MX66L51235F (this is a 512Mb/64MB QSPI flash)? LPC SPIFI Peripheral (http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/lpc-cortex-m-mcus/lpc1800...) page tells me only MX25 series is supported. If this information is correct, the maximum flash capacity that LPC1850 supports is 32MB, not 64MB. But this conflicts with datasheet.

2.If MX66L51235F is able to support, how could I create its .FLM file?

My project for MX66L51235F is attached. I would like to request your help to review it. Thank you.

Original Attachment has been moved to: MX66L51235F.zip

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joey,

KEIL provides lpc18xx 43xx spifi programming code in the path " ...\ARM\Flash\LPC18xx43xx_S25FL032",  you could modify that programming algorithm based the new flash characteristics like address cycles, page size, sector size.

The devices on the table you mention were the ones tested to work as boot devices for the LPC18xx and with the SPIFI API but other devices that comply with the following guidelines are also expected to support the boot code:

• Any device that can accept a 03 read serial opcode after receiving an FF opcode is expected to boot successfully.

• A device that switches to quad opcodes and doesn't return after an 0xff reset to serial mode might not boot after a reset.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

joeyweng_future
Contributor I

Hi Carlos:

We tried to integrate LPC18xx43xx_S25FL032 algorithm with MX66L51235F parameters, but it still can't erase flash during downloading. Is it for sure that one flash algorithm could be used for two different devices? 

0 Kudos