キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

LPC1788 USB Mass storage write fails with certain USB Drives

662件の閲覧回数
akshayRaveendran
Contributor I

I am facing issues when writing data to USB drives from Sandisk 32Gb. I don't see issues when writing to Corsair 32GB, PNY 32GB and Transcend 8GB. All the above drives are formatted to Fat32.With Sandisk read is successful but write is consistently fails. I have Tried formatting the Sandisk drive with different allocation unit sizes, but no success.

At Filesystem level fwrite fails (Could not allocate a new cluster).

And in driver level the code gets stuck where the Pipe gets stalled and returns without a successful write.

I am new to USB Mass Storage Device and request support from experts.

0 件の賞賛
2 返答(返信)

649件の閲覧回数
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We provide the file system drivers that function for any device regardless of the brand. If it doesn’t work properly for one of the tested devices, then the issue most likely comes from the outlier USB drive, not the MCU or it’s drivers. Try testing other USB drives from the same brand as the device that didn’t work. If the problem persist, I recommend contacting experts from said brand to inquire on how to properly handle their USB devices.

Best regards,

Edwin.

0 件の賞賛

642件の閲覧回数
akshayRaveendran
Contributor I

Hi @EdwinHz , I believe the issue is not with the file system, it could be on the USB Drivers. To rule out the chance of a faulty USB drive, I tried to write to the USB drive with a EFM32 Controller in one of our other  project, we were getting a successful write. I suspect that the USB driver may have got timed a little too early and the data gets filled up in the pipe. We currently face consistent write issue with USB drives from a leading brand SanDisk. we see that the device works well with other brands like Transend, PNY, corsair, etc. I cannot go to SanDisk and ask them why I cant write to your USB Drive, because, then they can point me to other silicon manufacturers who are able to write to SanDisk drives without an issue.   

Could  someone point me towards the files that control the timing parameters of LPC 1788 USB?

0 件の賞賛