LPC1759 no I2SRX_WS and I2SRX_CLK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1759 no I2SRX_WS and I2SRX_CLK

michaelmeth
Contributor I

Where can I2SRX_WS and I2SRX_CLK be found on the chip LPC1759?? Only these pins can found on the chip with I2S function according to the datasheet: P0.6 -> I2SRX_SDA, P0.7 -> I2STX_WS, P0.8 -> I2STX_SDA, P4.28 -> RX_MCLK. Aren't I2SRX_WS and I2SRX_CLK missing?

How can be clock and ws signals be generated for receiver master mode??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

michaelmeth
Contributor I

Thanks! This answer helps me! 

If I wanted to still use this chip/package for I2S reception what should be done?? Am I right that only 4-Pin mode achieves that?? That way one would have to set up i2s transmitter to send pseudo data thus ws and clk is produced and i2srx line can receive bits?!

Is this the only way to set this chip up for i2s master receive mode?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michael Meth,

From the user manual, in the I2S receive mode, the block diagram is :

pastedImage_1.png

The receive mode must need I2SRX_WS, so this chip just support transmit, don't support the receive mode.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michael Meth,

From the LPC1759 user manual,  page 117, 

pastedImage_1.png

You can get that 80 pin package don't support I2SRX_CLK and I2SRX_WS, LPC1759FBD80 is the 80 pin package, so this chip don't support I2SRX_CLK and I2SRX_WS pin and it's function. LPC1769FBD100 have these pins.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos