LPC1758 Longevity

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1758 Longevity

bomba82
Contributor I

I started using the LPC1758 in 2014. I am currently having great difficulty finding it from official distributors. I am evaluating the possibility of replacing it with another model and I have checked the longevity of the product on the NXP website. It turns out that longevity is guaranteed up to 2024 (link). I understand that there is a shortage of microcontrollers right now, but in the event that I think about modifying my PCBs to use a different microcontroller, I would like to find one that has a longer-term longevity. . Can anyone tell me if there is a successor to this microcontroller recommended by NXP? Obviously a less expensive transition would be the one with a component that allows porting of the code already written as simple as possible.

LPC1758 Longevity.png

Using parametric search I have found MKE18F512VLH16 as a possible replacement. Longevity is until 2031. I don't know anything about this microcontroller. Does anyone know if porting to this is a big effort? What about IDE? I currently use MCUXpresso. Is it compatible to this device?

Stock for this device from distributors is 0 also for this one. Does anyone have any suggestion where to find microcontrollers?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bomba82 

I would like to apologize for the delay. We are experimenting an anormal volume of questions these days. I really thank you for your patience.

Regarding your concern, it is true that it is hard to find stock of microcontrollers these days, so I think that it will be necessary to keep trying to find a place where you can purchase them. About the compatibility between LPC1758 and MKE17, I can suggest you not to replace one mcu family with other type of family, because as you mentioned, modifying PCBs and codes can take too much time.

In order to suggest you a microcontroller, probably from LPC family that has more longevity in our Longevity Program, please let me know which specs (memory size, timers, adc, uarts, can, etc.) you are looking for in order to help you with this.

Hope this is helpful for you, please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos