LPC1549 Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1549 Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core.

eric_lockman
Contributor II

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 with a fresh install of  MCUXpresso IDE v11.2.0 [Build 1420] [2020-07-09]. I can clean and build the example freetos_blinky project, but I am running into issues debugging it.  I cannot debug my LPCXpresso (LPC1549) V2 Rev C board. The Debug Probe shows up fine as LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.361 with no driver errors.

My issue seems exactly like that found here,

https://community.nxp.com/message/1097643 

however the configuration changes in the solution are not available in my version of the MCUXpresso IDE.

I've struggled to find a solution online.  Help would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
12 Replies

eric_lockman
Contributor II

RESOLVED:

I had zero luck with Windows 10 Home.  I installed MCUXpresso on a Linux (Manjaro) laptop.  I am now able to build and flash projects.

0 Kudos

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

It is inevitably a hardware problem between the target board and the programming module. If it's your own design of pcb, check the connections.

0 Kudos

eric_lockman
Contributor II

Ian, I am using the LPC1549 evaluation board.  The LPCXpresso (LPC1549) V2 Rev C board.  After having issues, I've purchased a second one to try to rule out a hardware issue.  I've also used multiple USB cables that have worked in other projects.  I've mentioned jumper locations and USB port above.  I'm not sure where else to go for hardware issues.

I am new to the NXP platform, so I'm not sure if I'm missing a step regarding entering ISP mode or something similar.

0 Kudos

sergedemaseneer
Contributor III

Does your pc has any USB2 ports? Some LPCXpresso boards don't work well with USB3. You can always try a selfpowered USB2 hub. I had a similar problem and such a hub solved it for me.

0 Kudos

eric_lockman
Contributor II

Thanks, Serge, I'll dig out my hub and give that a try.

0 Kudos

eric_lockman
Contributor II

Serge, the hub didn't help.  I appreciate the suggestion, though.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello eric Lockman

What about your debug issue, please take a video or screenshot show your steps.

Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos

eric_lockman
Contributor II

For additional clarity, my PC is connected to the Link USB port.  The Target USB port is unused.

Jumpers:

JP1 = open

JP2 = Local (pins 1 & 2 closed)

JP3 = closed

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eric,

I just test the gpio demo under LPCopen, debug well.

Could you please delete the .metadata folder under workspace, then restart MCUXpresso IDE,

import a simple new demo, reconnect your board, check whether can work well.

If still can't , how about change another USB cable, reinstall IDE? Or test another new board?

Regards,

Alice

eric_lockman
Contributor II

Thank you again, Alice.

I tried deleting the .metadata folder and restarting the IDE.  I tried different USB cables.  I tried reinstalling the IDE.  None of these produced positive results.

Next, I installed FlashMagic (from Flash Magic - Download) to try to read the chip signature.  This has failed during baud rate detection. 

I a just ordered a new development board and will report the results.

0 Kudos

eric_lockman
Contributor II

Alice, I've tried all suggestions above, including purchasing a second development board.  I have the same results.  Do I need to enter ISP mode with the push-buttons, or something similar in order to Flash the board?

0 Kudos

eric_lockman
Contributor II

alicewang, thank you for your quick response.

This is my first project with an NXP platform, but I've used Eclipse IDE in the past.  I downloaded and installed the MCUXpresso IDE and imported the LPC1549 sample projects.  I made sure that the freetos_blinky project was selected, then used the Quickstart Panel to clean and build the project.  The images below show my MCUXpresso IDE version and the project having been built successfully.

Version.png

Build.png

Once the project was built, I again used the Quickstart Panel to Debug.  The LinkServer probe was detected.

debug.png

However, the download fails with the errors shown below.

error4.pngerror3.pngerror2.pngerror1.png

These screen captures provide Console and Debugger Console outputs:

Console.png

debug console.png

The similar question referenced in the OP suggested disabling the "enhanced peripheral service," however my version does not provide that option in the LinkServer Options page.

LinkServer.png

I appreciate the help, please let me know if I can provide more feedback.

0 Kudos