LPC 546xx - Possible to keep GPIO State and Config during Reset?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC 546xx - Possible to keep GPIO State and Config during Reset?

kevingomes
Contributor I

We are using the LPC 54618 microcontroller in a system to power on/off other devices using the microcontrollers GPIO Pins.

To update the LPC we reset it. During reset the GPIO Pins reset to default settings(Input with Pull-Up resistor) like it is specified in the User Manual(UM10912).

Some devices that need to stay powered on during reset are wired in a way that those devices stay powered on during reset but as soon as we re-enter the GPIO configuration the Output glitches and the connected device turns off. Even if we set the correct GPIO state right after or even before.

If we don't configure GPIO the device off course stays powered on but at some time we need to configure GPIO again.

Is there a way to completely keep the GPIO Configuration and State of the Outputs during and after reset?

Or do we have to look for a hardware solution?

I hope someone can help. Tell me if you need further information.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,  

I never test this before, but you can try to first put the Value of 1 into the GPIO and then configure it as input, this should avoid a little bit the Glitch, but in fact, it is going to be, since the PAD, it is changing.  Other advice would be adding a weak pullup, to see if this take the glitch out. If this is not I am afraid you are going to need another hardware solution.

Have a nice day!

Sol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos