取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

LPC 18XX USB

2,085 次查看
loosecannon
Contributor II

I am attempting to connect two boards using an LPC1837 over USB.  Searching for USB host support at NXP, I found the nxpUSBlib

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/lpc-cortex-m-

The lib claims host support but also said it is now obsoleted by LPCOpen.

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/lpc-cortex-m-mcus/softwar...

The LPCOpen page shows that there is USB host and device examples; however, downloading 3.01 for the 1837, I see a number of USB rom projects but believe they are all client.  I see no host projects.  The 2.18 for the 1837 does have some LPCUSBlib projects as host.  This leads me to some questions.  If one or more of these were already answered please direct me to the question.  I have been looking through questions and did not find any answers.

Could you please tell me:

1) Were all the host projects using LPCUSBlib in 2.18 obsoleted by a project in the 3.01 version of lpcopen, and by which one?

2) If they were all abandoned without a replacement ready, would the LPCUSBlib_SerialHost from the older LPCOpen libraries 2.18 example be able to work with any of the example client projects with little or no modifications?

3) If there are client projects compatible with the LPCUSBlib_SerialHost, are there any examples or groups of projects for a host to communicate arbitrary data with a client over USB?  Ideally something like a serial port where both sides can asynchronously read and write to a port except at a much higher speed; but we would try to work over any existing scheme if it is real-time.

4) Does the LPC1837 have any ROM support for a host?

Thank you for any help you can provide.  Searching through NXP web site and support site, there is a large amount of USB content but I can’t find any example of a USB host communicating with a USB client.  I would think this would be a common thing.

标签 (3)
0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数

1,332 次查看
loosecannon
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply Jeremy,

Continuing to work on linking a host and client board up with USB.  So I used the V2.20 version of the LPCUSBlib_KeyboardHost on my host board and it does indeed work well with a USB keyboard.  Very nice.  I then used the usbd_rom_hid_keyboard example and make my client board look like a keyboard on a PC.  It works.  Very good.  I then hook my host and client up to each other and the host locks up waiting for a send control request transfer to complete.

Can someone from NXP please say if the provided keyboard host example has successfully been used with the keyboard client example?  If not could it be verified and fixed if necessary?

Has anyone successfully used NXP provided host software to work with an NXP client on the 18xx processors?

Thank you for any help someone is able to provide.

0 项奖励
回复

1,332 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi loosecannon,

1).  Firstly, I'd highly recommend you to download the LPCOpen v2.20 which includes the USB Host demos, then you can learn the more information of those demos.

LPCOpen Software for LPC18XX|NXP 

2) Does the LPC1837 have any ROM support for a host?

No, it doesn't support.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励
回复