IAP compare True but jump to brick

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAP compare True but jump to brick

wykaoyan
Contributor I

I'm having issues with the IAP on the chip LPC1788. In actual testing, I have hundreds of devices  and everyone has a LPC1788 MCU.   in my bootloader program, Flash is programmed , and the compare operation return success, then jump to the application code.  The vast majority of devices could be run normally, except several  which become bricks. I can ensure the  iap jump is correct.  And now I  encounter two strange issues,

1. when i adjust the  bin size of the app,  some failed cases ever could be successful.  when the size is  between in a certain range,  the failed cases become bricks inevitably.

2. Timer interrupt happens when iap operate. I know the program should disable  all the interrupt , but why the majority of devices  succeed, only several fail when I don't disable interrupt ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wang Yang,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1. when i adjust the  bin size of the app,  some failed cases ever could be successful.  when the size is  between in a certain range,  the failed cases become bricks inevitably.
-- I was wondering if you can provide more detailed information, for instance, what you do to adjust the bin size of the app, and you mention that the chip will become 'brick' if jump operation fails, had you ever try to dig this issue or learn the more information.
2. Timer interrupt happens when iap operate. I know the program should disable  all the interrupt , but why the majority of devices  succeed, only several fail when I don't disable interrupt ?
-- Disable the interrupt is used to get rid of any interrupt interferes in IAP operation, please keep in mind.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos