I want to use an SSD1306 display with a LPC1549 mcu

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use an SSD1306 display with a LPC1549 mcu

sergedemaseneer
Contributor III

I know that there are different possibilities to use this kind of display with Arduino based boards but for a small project i would like to use the LPC1549 (which has all i need aboard) in combination with an small SSD1306 based display.

Does anyone know if there is a ready to use (or to port) library available?

I found a processor expert library for kinetics processors but it seems not to work with lpc controllers.

Many thanks in advance for helping me with this issue.

Serge

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

sergedemaseneer
Contributor III

Thank you all for the help. Since I use I2C bus now for about 30 to 35 years I know it very well so that part of the code should not be a problem.

Omar I will check the links and Erich I will certainly have a look at your driver.

Serge

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Serge De Maseneer,

I assume you are going to use the I2C version of the SSD1306, right? Otherwise this is what I recommend.

I'm using that display in many projects (see SSD1306 | MCU on Eclipse ) and as well for LPC (e.g. 845). I have built a library both for Processor Expert (maybe you are referring to that one) and with the NXP MCUXpresso SDK.

You find the driver on GitHub (McuOnEclipseLibrary/McuSSD1306.c at master · ErichStyger/McuOnEclipseLibrary · GitHub ): this one is generated by PE but used by the SDK code, so you can easily use it with any C code: all what it needs is an I2C interface/driver.

This is fairly easy for a device which is supported by the NXP MCUXpresso SDK: as far as I see your LPC1549 is not supported, so you would need to provide your own I2C library and tweak the things a bit.

I hope this helps,

Erich

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Unfortunately, there isn't a specific library for this display. I suggest you use these examples as a reference for your project:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/486476

https://community.nxp.com/message/1131865

These examples are not designed for your device but they are a good starting point to make the display work in the LPC1549. 

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos