I'm not able to connect LPC-LINK2 to LPCxpresso11U68 successfully.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to connect LPC-LINK2 to LPCxpresso11U68 successfully.

Jump to solution
daisukefukuda_n
Contributor III

Hi Sir/Madam,

This is Daisuke FUKUDA with NEXTY Electronics Japan. Thank you for your support.

I'm designing some demo boards with LPC11U68. The demo board will provide the best way to reach our customer, I believe. One of my concent is that users can debug softwares when LPC-LINK2 is connected to my demo board. So I'm planing that the demo board has 5 x 2 pin headers with 1.27 mm pictch for LPC-LINK2. It will be connected to SWDIO, SWCLK and so on in LPC11U68.

I want to check how LPC-LINK2 and LPC11U68 by LPCxpresso11U68 work in order to check to realize the appropriate connection because it is the first time for me to design with LPC MCU. I applied LPCxpresso into my demo board so far.

Now I'm struggling to work for LPC-LINK2 and LPC11U68. However I've never found these work successfully. When I started "debug" on MCUxpresso, but an error happens.

For detail, please refer to an attached file. it includes how I connected between LPC-LINK2 and LPCxpresso11U68, how I set some jumpers and what MCUexpresso displayed.

If you find I make any mistakes, could you please advise me?

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Best regards,

Fukuda

Labels (2)
1 Solution
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fukuda-san

Looks like you have JP2 in position 2-3; this is the setting for when you are using the on-board debug probe of the LPCXpresso11U68 to debug an off-board target. JP1 is set correctly (for an on-board target). 

FYI, there is some basic setup information for this board here:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/LPCXPRESSO-V2-BOARD-FAMILY-SI.pdf 

We are in the process of creating manuals for the LPCXpresso V2 boards at the moment, as part of an overhaul/update for LPC board manuals. We are aiming to complete this sometime in early Q3.

Regards,

Brendon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
daisukefukuda_n
Contributor III

Hi Drendon-san,

Thank you for your prompt reply. As a result, it has been resolved. Your answer is what I was looking for.

I also understand the configration of LPCxpresso V2.

You can close this issue.

Again, thank you so much.

Best regards,

FUKUDA

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fukuda-san

Looks like you have JP2 in position 2-3; this is the setting for when you are using the on-board debug probe of the LPCXpresso11U68 to debug an off-board target. JP1 is set correctly (for an on-board target). 

FYI, there is some basic setup information for this board here:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/LPCXPRESSO-V2-BOARD-FAMILY-SI.pdf 

We are in the process of creating manuals for the LPCXpresso V2 boards at the moment, as part of an overhaul/update for LPC board manuals. We are aiming to complete this sometime in early Q3.

Regards,

Brendon