I'm designing and application with LPC1549JBD48 and need a symbol and footprint for Eagle. Are those available? I'm also looking for the design DB of the evaluation board (LPCXpresso™ Board for LPC1549).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm designing and application with LPC1549JBD48 and need a symbol and footprint for Eagle. Are those available? I'm also looking for the design DB of the evaluation board (LPCXpresso™ Board for LPC1549).

atanaspentchev
Contributor I

LPC1549JBD48 and need a symbol and footprint for Eagle.

Schematic of LPCXpresso™ Board for LPC1549 in Eagle.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Atanas,

I'm afraid this board was designed using a Mentor tool that is not compatible with Eagle (i.e. its not possible to export to that tool). We use that tool because it is extremely good for layout, but unfortunately its not compatible with other tools.

The schematic is available on the board page, but only in PDF form:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/lpcxpresso-boards/lpcxpres...

Symbol/footprint for our parts are available under the Software & Tools tab for the device of choice. For the part used on the board above we have Allegro and OrCAD versions; I believe converters to Eagle are available but I'm not 100% sure:

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/lpc-cortex-m-mcus/lpc-cor...

FYI, we are moving to designing new boards using tools that are more commonly used, but unfortunately we aren't able to "retrofit" the existing designs back to Eagle.

Regards,

Brendon

0 Kudos

atanaspentchev
Contributor I

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for your quick reaction.

I see. Do you know whether Mentor can export the design in ACCEL ASCII format? If that’s so, I can probably import that file in Eagle.

I’ll try to find a converter for the symbol and the footprint.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Atanas

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We have other the years tried to find anything / any method that will convert to Eagle or other, lower cost tools but haven't been able to find anything, sorry.

0 Kudos

atanaspentchev
Contributor I

Hi Brendon,

I understand.

Can you provide me with the Mentor DB? Actually, I’m interested only in the schematics.

Kind regards,

Atanas

0 Kudos