How to turn on the 4.3" Dispay Expansino kit using 4088QSB + experiment base board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn on the 4.3" Dispay Expansino kit using 4088QSB + experiment base board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by flirflashlight on Wed Jan 20 18:56:37 MST 2016
So I'm set up with the QSB on top of the Experiment Base Board and the 4.3" display expansion kit. So far I can't find any example code for the display (lcd.c on LPCOpen 1.3 doesn't work at all).

I grabbed the GPIO example from EA and added simple edits to turn on the backlight once, but it doesn't work at all. Any idea how to use one of these?

void GPIO_IRQ_HANDLER(void)
{
Chip_GPIOINT_ClearIntStatus(LPC_GPIOINT, GPIO_INTERRUPT_PORT, 1 << GPIO_INTERRUPT_PIN);
Board_SetLCDBacklight(1);
Board_LED_Toggle(0);
}

/**
 * @briefMain program body
 * @returnDoes not return
 */
int main(void)
{
/* Generic Initialization */
SystemCoreClockUpdate();

/* Board_Init calls Chip_GPIO_Init and enables GPIO clock if needed,
   Chip_GPIO_Init is not called again */
Board_Init();
Board_LCD_Init();
Board_InitLCDController();

Board_LED_Set(0, false);

/* Configure GPIO interrupt pin as input */
Chip_GPIO_SetPinDIRInput(LPC_GPIO, GPIO_INTERRUPT_PORT, GPIO_INTERRUPT_PIN);

/* Configure the GPIO interrupt */
Chip_GPIOINT_SetIntFalling(LPC_GPIOINT, GPIO_INTERRUPT_PORT, 1 << GPIO_INTERRUPT_PIN);

/* Enable interrupt in the NVIC */
NVIC_ClearPendingIRQ(GPIO_INTERRUPT_NVIC_NAME);
NVIC_EnableIRQ(GPIO_INTERRUPT_NVIC_NAME);
/* Wait for interrupts - LED will toggle on each wakeup event */
while (1) {
__WFI();
}
return 0;
}

There are no errors. When the board powers on, the backlight will light up but after I hit "continue" on the debug the backlight shuts off completely. Using a 5V--3A max power supply so there are for sure no powering problems.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Fri Jan 22 04:13:57 MST 2016
Just export the mbed project from the on-line mbed IDE and import the project into the LPCXpresso IDE.
Kind Regards,
Anders @ EA
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by flirflashlight on Thu Jan 21 13:32:35 MST 2016
Thanks for the reply-i saw the mbed examples but I actually need to use lpcxpresso since I'm trying to build a production board with a single LPC4088 chip
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Thu Jan 21 12:40:07 MST 2016
Hi,
There are a lot of sample code for the LPC4088 QuickStart Board on the mbed site, also including the display expansion board. See for example here: https://developer.mbed.org/users/embeddedartists/notebook/lpc4088-quickstart-board---projects/

There are no LPCOpen code examples.

Kind Regards,
Anders @ EA
0 Kudos