How to take a high speed USB as full speed USB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take a high speed USB as full speed USB

Lurkersoo
Contributor III

Hello, if I want two USB MCU solution, and the two USBs used as device. For the reason of EMC issue, the two USB want to work in full speed mode. I would like to select LPC54065 that has two USBs. One is full speed and the other is high speed. My question is: Is it possible let the USB1(high speed module) work in full speed mode? As I know when a high speed device communicate with the host at the beginning, it work in full speed mode, after the host identify it's a high speed device, and then switch to high speed mode, if it fail, it will keep to work in full speed mode. Is there any method(hardware and software) let the host identify the device as a full speed device, thus it will maintain working in full speed mode.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Brain Su

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shaowei Su,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
When attaching the Host, I'm afraid the USB high-speed Device controller can't indicate to host that it will work at full speed. The Host will follow the process you mentioned to recognize its speed.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos