How can I completely erase LPC11E67 memory and set it to new controller condition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I completely erase LPC11E67 memory and set it to new controller condition

karthikhosavara
Contributor II

I am using an LPC11E67 microcontroller. I am using Program flash to erase microcontroller memory but I don't think it is been set to default condition as new. How can I do it? 

14 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

LPCXpresso IDE (or the newer MCUXpresso IDE) can be used to erase flash using the "GUI Flash Programmer" via a debug probe such as LPC-Link2.

See https://community.nxp.com/message/630784 for LPCXpresso IDE, or else chapter 10, "LinkServer Flash Support" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

karthikhosavara
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the reference. But I am using LPCxpresso v8.2.0 for software development and OM13058 board for debugging.  

How can I use the LPC xpresso to erase the LPC11E67/8. If you prefer using flash magic. Do I need an additional setup of debugger to do that? If yes what is the part number and where can I buy that.  

Thanks for your support.

Karthik Hosavaranchi

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik Hosavaranchi,

You need to install the Flash Magic too and buy a UART to USB adapter, you can learn how to use the Flash Magic via the thread: https://learn.adafruit.com/getting-started-with-the-lpc810/programming-the-lpc810-with-flash-magic
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik Hosavaranchi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd like to suggest that you can use the Flash Magic to complete erase the MCU.
屏幕截图.jpg
Flash Magic home page:
Have a great day,

TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

karthikhosavara
Contributor II

Could you suggest me the hardware connections between the board and Jtag? 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik Hosavaranchi,

Whether you want the referring design of the debug interface, if yes, I'd highly recommend you to referring to the OM13058: LPCXpresso LPC11U68'sch.

https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/schematics/LPC11U68_Xpresso_v2_Schematic_RevC_1.pdf 

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

karthikhosavara
Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou‌,

I have used the evaluation board and LPC Xpresso for my development. now I need a standalone programmer for production. LPC Xpresso software develops .afx file, if I use the command conversion to hex file it's not working it displays error in 4097 line. and moreover, if you could suggest me a way for hardware connection and output file format to load. it would be of a great help. please suggest a standalone loader that will use .afx format so I can eliminate any intermediate errors. 

thanks 

Karthik  

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik Hosavaranchi

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think create a standalone programmer to load the AXF file is reasonable way, in opinion, I'd highly recommend you to transfer AXF file in other format file such as:

• srec
  • binary
  • ihex
  • tekhex

And you can learn the the transition way by referring to the thread.

Generating srec, binary and ihex files 

Have a great day,
TIC

karthikhosavara
Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou‌,

i was able to convert it to other formats. but could you share the command to convert it to tekhex format. 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik Hosavaranchi,

The convert command is below.

arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O tekhex example.axf example.hex

TIC

0 Kudos

karthikhosavara
Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou‌,

I tried it. but it's not working.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik Hosavaranchi,

Sorry, the correct convert command is indicated below.

arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O tekhex example.tekhex example.tek
Have a great day,
TIC

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

dhineshe
Contributor II

Dear jeremyhou,

How to erase the Bootloader programming in LPC Arm.

0 Kudos

karthikhosavara
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the reference. But I am using LPCxpresso v8.2.0 for software development and OM13058 board for debugging.  

How can I use the LPC xpresso to erase the LPC11E67/8. If you prefer using flash magic. Do I need an addition setup of debugger to do that? If yes what is the part number and where can I buy that.  

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos