Help with FlashMagic and LPCXpresso54018 (OM40003)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with FlashMagic and LPCXpresso54018 (OM40003)

Jump to solution
mitchkapa
Contributor III

Hello, I am attempting to use FlashMagic to program the LPC54018 on my LPCXpresso54018 dev board because I am trying to evaluate programming solutions for an upcoming custom board.  When I boot the board I have SW4 pressed so that ISP0 is low at boot time.  Within FlashMagic I am able to perform a successful Read Signature command (or at least it returns a value and does not show an error) but beyond that I cannot get any other tasks to work.  When I try to load a .hex file I get the following message "LPC54018 (LPC54000): Operation Failed. Nothing to program. Is the hex file inside the device memory range?".  I also get errors that the Flash Erase operation has failed.

In the FlashMagic preferences I have selected Disable DTR, RTS since those signals are not brought out to the UART header on the board.

If anyone has suggestions or past experience with this I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello mitchkapa,

Flash Magic only support erase/ program internal flash of chip, there is no internal flash with lp54018, so it can't download .hex file.

You can use blhost+ flashloader, about detail please refer to:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers-Knowledge/Use-blhost-to-program-erase-LPC540xxM-LP...  

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello mitchkapa,

Flash Magic only support erase/ program internal flash of chip, there is no internal flash with lp54018, so it can't download .hex file.

You can use blhost+ flashloader, about detail please refer to:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers-Knowledge/Use-blhost-to-program-erase-LPC540xxM-LP...  

BR

Alice