Firmware update over the air in LPC1768

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update over the air in LPC1768

poojafsingh
Contributor I

I have been working on different flash techniques. I don't have much information on updating the firmware via air for LPC1768. Can someone suggest me step by step process from the start?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pooja,

I hope you are doing well :smileyhappy:

To provide a better support could you help me with the following:

1. Which embedded solution  you  want to use to receive images using a wireless protocol?
  2.  How the MCU will receive images:
  •  Which serial protocols you can use?
  •  Are you going to use ISP/IAP commands, or  you require a dedicated bootloader?
  • 3 Are there more details regarding your application? how do you want the LPC17 to behave during an OTA?

Best regards,

Diego

0 Kudos

ramanamadishett
Contributor II

Hello @diego_charles 

Greetings.

This subject seems me very interesting to clear my current issue. Hope Me & A2A would get a positive response from you.

Below are the details.

1. Which embedded solution  you  want to use to receive images using a wireless protocol?Using Quectel 2G module, HTTP post methods to receive firmware file.
  2. How the MCU will receive images? MCU will receive the images using cellular module Quectel using HTTP post method.
  3. Which serial protocols you can use? MCU and Cellular module communicating with UART. 
  4. Are you going to use ISP/IAP commands, or  you require a dedicated bootloader? Done with SD card bootloader, If the bootloader finds a file named "firmware.bin" on the FAT32-formatted SD card's first partition, it will flash it to the application region
  5. Are there more details regarding your application? how do you want the LPC17 to behave during an OTA? New firmware will be downloaded from server HTTP post method using cellular module. The downloaded file save inside the SD card with Firmware.bin file. Once the MCU recognizes the new file inside the sd card, the system reset will be done. Then my secondary bootloader (spi bootloader) will update the flash with new firmware.

Thanks.  

0 Kudos