Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with "GUIDRV_LIN_OSY_4" from “GUIDRV_Lin.h” in emWin using LPC54608J512

Jump to solution
vladimirilyenko
Contributor III

Hi,

I wanted to build GUI application with the help of emWin using MCUXpresso IDE on NXP MCU and downloaded SDK 2.3.0 with emWin support library.

I want to use a 4-bit color scheme and also the rotation of the screen orientation to have Y axis mirrored, X and Y swapped.

I used for rotation purpose parameter “GUIDRV_LIN_OSY_16” with the function “GUI_DEVICE_CreateAndLink”. It worked perfectly. But it is for 16-bit color depth.

I need to use 4-bit color because I want to accommodate the whole GUI in the internal RAM of MCU (160 kB) - without using any external memory chip. With 8-bit color and 480x272 screen only framebuffer takes 130560 bytes.

While trying parameter “GUIDRV_LIN_OSY_4” I get compilation error “undefined reference to `GUIDRV_Lin_OSY_4_API'” and the app cannot be built.

With “GUIDRV_LIN_4” parameter I have no compiling error, but I need a whole display rotation with “OSY” - widgets alone cannot be rotated.

Is there any chance that I can get here support from NXP?

Regards,

Labels (2)
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vladimir, 

For us this is custom request so we need to know the business case, this way the marketing team and developer team can decide if it is possible to dedicate resources to this request. I understand that you may not agree with this answer but this is the response that I received from the developer team. 

Regards,

Victor.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vladimir,

You are asking a 4-bits bitmap drawing function which is not implemented in NXP emwin library. Our delivery is RGB565 bitmap rendering which is common.

Since the request you are making is very specific, it's necessary that you submit a ticket with all the information of the project you are currently working, to evaluate the opportunity.

To submit the ticket please go to the next link Support|NXP and select support request. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
vladimirilyenko
Contributor III

Hello Victor,

no, it was not a 4-bits bitmap drawing function, that I asked for.

It was about the GUIDRV_Lin driver from emWin. I think this is the most common driver to be used, because it is (accordung to the emWin Manual):

This driver supports every display controller with linear address-able video memory with a direct (full bus) interface. This means that the video RAM is directly addressable by the address lines of the CPU.
The driver contains no controller specific code. So it can also be used for solutions without display controller which require a driver which only manages the video RAM.

It seems that in the pre-compiled emWin library which comes with SDK for NXP MCUXpresso IDE not all useful combinations of color depth and display orientation are included.

E.g. drivers for 8-bit and 16-bit colors with all possible display rotations are included. 

For 4 bit color only the driver in the default orientation (landscape) is available. Although it is clear from the header file and also from emWin manual, that for 4 bit color also the display rotations are possible:

#define GUIDRV_LIN_4       &GUIDRV_Lin_4_API

#define GUIDRV_LIN_OY_4    &GUIDRV_Lin_OY_4_API

#define GUIDRV_LIN_OX_4    &GUIDRV_Lin_OX_4_API

#define GUIDRV_LIN_OXY_4   &GUIDRV_Lin_OXY_4_API

#define GUIDRV_LIN_OS_4    &GUIDRV_Lin_OS_4_API

#define GUIDRV_LIN_OSY_4   &GUIDRV_Lin_OSY_4_API

#define GUIDRV_LIN_OSX_4   &GUIDRV_Lin_OSX_4_API

#define GUIDRV_LIN_OSXY_4  &GUIDRV_Lin_OSXY_4_API

Works only default orientation: GUIDRV_LIN_4.

Other drivers were not included into the pre-compiled library from emWin.

Do not think also that this request is very specific: the internal RAM from MCU is only 160 kB. With display resolution 480 x 272 and color depth 8 bit only frame buffer alone is 130560 bytes.

I think that 4 bit color drivers could be interesting for everyone who want to go without external memory chips.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vladimir, 

For us this is custom request so we need to know the business case, this way the marketing team and developer team can decide if it is possible to dedicate resources to this request. I understand that you may not agree with this answer but this is the response that I received from the developer team. 

Regards,

Victor.