cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emwin Fonts in NAND

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by anuj.tanksali on Fri Dec 12 05:47:09 MST 2014
Hi

I am using LPC1788 with Emwin graphical library and my configuration is
Emwin graphical library is in Internal Flash
Emwin fonts are downloaded into External Flash from PC and copied to SDRAM on boot up which is on EMC of LPC1788.
my scatter file is configured accordingly

Everything is working fine with above configuration but as i have many fonts in my application and 4 languages the font binary file size is 14MB which is downloaded to the unit and into NAND flash which is on EMC. It takes around 30 minutes to download all the fonts to the NAND with 115200 baud on UART.

My fonts are copied to SDRAM from NAND at boot up. This booting time also is 15-20 secs as data is 14MB
This configuration is working fine and LCD displays my fonts perfectly

I wanted to ask is there any way to directly access fonts in external NAND instead of copying to SDRAM as it will save lot of boot up time. my external NAND is also connected to LPC1788 on EMC

Has anyone used such a configuration - Emwin with fonts in external NAND Flash Memory

Thanks in Advance

Anuj
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by schisanoa on Sun Feb 08 09:29:25 MST 2015
If you search in the EmWin guide, there may be some function to read directly from external memory like NAND flash object like picture and so, I'm not sure that this is available also for Fonts, but try to search in the user manual of the library
0 Kudos