EEPROM in LPC54608

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPROM in LPC54608

TEMCEFF
Contributor IV

I have gone through the user manual of LPC54608 regarding EEPROM. In that they mentioned, writing of EEPROM required two steps: They are:

The first step is writing a minimum of 1 word (4 bytes) to a maximum of 32 words (128 bytes)
to the desired page in the 16 kB EEPROM address space at address 0x4010 8000.

Step two is an erase/program of that page into non-volatile memory.

I don't understand that meaning.

and I have seen the SDK files. In that also, data reading from EEPROM is also not available.

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I will gladly answer your questions. Step one refers to write the data in the address you chose. The data will be at the address but it won't be written in the memory until you program it in step 2.

nxf54944_1-1609356813236.png

You cannot read the data when you are on step 1, to read the data you need to have the data programmed in the memory.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos

TEMCEFF
Contributor IV

can you provide step by code for my reference and why it is taking two steps to store data.

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

An EEPROM device cannot be programmed directly, that's why writing data to it and erase/program of the memory are two different steps.

You can find EEPROM examples at the SDK https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos