cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different power libraries for LPC54628 @ 220MHz

danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi

I am reading through the UM11035 Revision 2.1 dated January 7 2019. On page 3 of this document there is talk about a different power library required for LPC54628 to run at 220 MHz. I have checked through the SDK 2.7.0 libraries and have not found this "different power library". Is this "different power library" still needed to run at 220 MHz? Scanning through all power libraries in the LPC546xx family – all devices use the same power library. Is the statement in the UM11035 as stated below out of date? Or is it possible to have access to this "different power library" somehow?

See attachment with all the power libraries available in the SDK.

Many thank

Dani

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

The document states from the MCUXpresso SDK.

pastedImage_1.png

The power libraries for MCUXpresso are the following:

Hard ABI and Soft ABI. These are different than the IAR power libraries. 

You may refer to the SDK example power_manager_lpc to test different modes.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi Sabina

So you are saying that this sentence does not apply for the IAR power libraries, but is excluive to the MCUXpresso power libraries?

Dani

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

Hope you are doing well.

I have gone and checked with the MCUXpresso SDK if its possible to set to 220. It is and it should be possible with the IAR power libraries as well. I have checked the fsl_power.h on both and the same functions are present. Here is what I have done in the configurations. It seems that the reference manual as you stated initially may need to correct that sentence. Keeping in mind that only for the LPC54628 is 220MHz possible.

pastedImage_1.png

Could you please try this from your end and see if it results successful as well?

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos