DALI librari and LPC1115F/303 incompatible?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DALI librari and LPC1115F/303 incompatible?

gintarasdruktei
Contributor II

The NXP DALI stack library is supposed to work with all LPC111x microcontrollers: AN11174 and AN11175: LPC11xx/LPC13xx DALI release 2.0 | www.LPCware.com , but with LPC1115F/303 it is not working due to unknown reasons. The DALI data is received and decoded correctly, but I get no reaction to any command. The PWM timer is also not initialised to wok correctly, the wrong initial values comes from library, which I cannot check or modify. Hardware is used sligtly different than in original DALI demo, outputs/ inputs are changed.

Could you update the library or confirm that is 100% compatible with LPC1115F/303?

Does anyone have succesfuly launched DALI project with LPC1115F/303?

Could you consider the release the source code of that library?

BR,

Gintaras

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

gintarasdruktei
Contributor II

Hello friends!

It does not make sense for me, for what purpose the closed source library adapted only for LP11xx microcontrollers was created to support ONLY OM13026 board...

Anyway, this is not what I find out after all. The library is working normally on any board if the LPC1114F/302 is used (it initiates timer CT16B0 correctly, I did not check other functionality with different pins though ). I decided to check if it is also complies with LPC1114F/333, but unfortunately it acts the same as with LPC1115F/303. So I guess the issue is related with microcontroller LPC11xx XL version somehow.

Since I need much more memory than old LPC1114/303 has and the NXP DALI library is useless I started to build my own command handler for basic DALI  functionality. Sadly, this is the only solution I have right now. For others I would recommend choosing different microcontroller or maybe the different brand in order to implement DALI protocol without pain.

Regards,

Gintaras

0 Kudos

jenson
Contributor II

Hey there!

Thanks for your answers Gintaras!

For me it's also kind of annoying that in the application notes is written LP11XX when it does not work with LPC1114/303, LPC1115/303 LPC1114F/333 and so on.

It should be defined, with which µCs it works and with which not...

I have to check if I can live with LPC1114F/302 but as you have written, it is not ensured that other functionality works like it should work and finally because all the things does not work like specified (LPC11xx) there is a little bit of risk that it even does not work correct with LPC1114F/302.

If this happens I probably will go on another brand.

Best regards!

Jens

0 Kudos

gintarasdruktei
Contributor II

Hi Jens,

I could not find the exact part number of the microcontroller used in OM13026 board. In BOM it is written: LPC1113/14-LQFP48. 
Probably LPC1114F/302 or LPC1114F/301 shall be fine for you. Please let us all know after you test it.

Good luck,

Gintaras

0 Kudos

jenson
Contributor II

Hi Gintaras,

I posted the solution to my problem in my original thread, where I asked for a solution. To put it in a nutshell: The slave does now respond to Dali commands after putting LPC1114FBD48/302,1 on my circuit. Now I'm facing the next issues in this thread.

Best regards

Jens

0 Kudos

gintarasdruktei
Contributor II

Hi Jens!

Well, I had no chance to play with working NXP DALI library, so sadly I cannot share similar bug searching experience with you. I wrote my own command handler, and I do not have issues you wrote. Maybe I will have many DALI standard compatibility issues later, but it is compatible enough for now...

I guess all these issues are due to so awfully written library even NXP is ashamed to show the source...

Gintaras

0 Kudos

jenson
Contributor II

Hello there,

I've got a similar issue with the LPC1114. Even with no difference in the design. Check the following thread:

https://community.nxp.com/message/841317 

If you find out what is wrong, I would be happy to hear about it! Of course I will let you know, if I get my problem solved.

Best regards!

Jens

0 Kudos

gintarasdruktei
Contributor II

What LPC1114 microcontroller are you using in yours design?

0 Kudos

jenson
Contributor II

I'm using LPC1114F/303.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Gintaras,

The library it is compatible with the LPC1115F/303 but only in the OM13026 as a slave device just like it is explain in the AN11174, unfortunately your design it is slighty different of the board, and it is not compatible with the library, thats the reason you are having issues, with the commands but it is working with the data. And the source code of the library it is not availble.

Best Regards,

Sol

0 Kudos