Configuring and using LPC54xxx USB with Keil uVision MDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring and using LPC54xxx USB with Keil uVision MDK

adam_lins
Contributor I

I'm looking at replacing an LPC1857 with an LPC54018. We use Keil uVision MDK for software development and I don't see how to configure and use the USB peripherals on the LPC54018.

NXP has taken over the middleware, but while there are drivers (fsl_*.h) for GPIO, timers, etc., there doesn't seem to be anything for USB. It's possible to download an SDK from the NXP website that contains USB drivers -- it's not clear how to use that with Keil.

Has anyone been down this road already?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Adam Lins 

You can download SDK for LPC54018 SDK 2.6.0 from , make sure you select support tool chain as Keil MDK

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select 

USB demo is under folder of:

{SDK folder}\boards\lpcxpresso54018\usb_examples

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

adam_lins
Contributor I

Hi ZhangJennie‌, 

Thanks for the quick response! The SDK comes with a lot of examples, which is very helpful. 

Maybe I have this wrong, but it seems the SDK must be installed "parallel" to the regular Keil packages (i.e., somewhere the build system can see it, but not actually part of the Keil package system). That means that the Keil uVision doesn't "see" the SDK source tree, which has implications for building code. And there are longer term implications for overall support for Keil MDK, which is of concern if I have a product with a 10+ year lifespan. 

At least I can proceed with my evaluation of the LPC54018M!

Thanks again, 

-Adam

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome.

0 Kudos