Can i move High-current source pin to any other pin?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i move High-current source pin to any other pin?

jtro
Contributor III

Can i move high current source pin to other pin?

In User manual UM11029 Page 130

"The switch matrix also enables the output driver for digital functions that are outputs. The
electrical pin characteristics for both inputs and outputs (internal pull-up/down resistors,
inverter, digital filter, open-drain mode) are configured by the IOCON block for each pin."

As per above statement I assume that if i move any pin to other pin then characteristics of will remain same for that port.

for example, If i move PIO0_12 Pin - 4 (which is a high current source pin) to Pin - 11 (default is PIO1_0) then at Pin - 11 I'll able to source 20mA current. Am i right?

Can you please clear my doubt.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Frankly speaking, I am not very clear about your question.

For LPC845, the "Pins PIO0_10 and PIO0_11 operate as high-current sink drivers (20 mA) independently of
the programmed function", in other words, if the pin for example PIO0_10 is of low logic no matter whether GPIO outputs low logic or spi signal outputs low logic, the pin can sink 20mA current. The high current mode is a feature of pin, I do not think the feature can move from one pin to another.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

jtro
Contributor III

I'll elaborate question in more easy way..

I would like to move PIO0_12 from Pin - 4 to Pin - 11 for easy routing. just want to ensure that whether i can able to drive 20mA at pin - 11 like it is there in Pin - 4?

How to ensure that that current capability of port change with pin move?

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suppose that you misunderstand the switch matrix function.

Pls refer to the section 10.4.2 Switch matrix register interface in UM11029.pdf.

There are fixed-pin functions, the GPIO pins are fixed-pin function. Pls refer to the LPC845 with 64 Pins LQFP, you can see that the GPIO pins are fixed, for example pin4 is PIO0_12, you can  NOT move the PIO0_12 to another pin. If you do not use the GPIO function for the PIO0_12, you can assign the PIO0_12 as the other function, for example uart TX or RX pins, SPI pins whatever.

The current capability feature is only related to specific pin, for example, "PIO0_10 can operate as high-current sink drivers (20 mA) independently of the programmed function", it means that the pin PIO0_10 can sink 20mA current, if you configure the pin as GPIO output  function and output low, it can sink 20mA current. If you do not configure the PIO0_10 as GPIO, you set the pin as UART0_TX pin, when the pin is in low state, it can sink 20mA current. But you can not move the other pin to this pin, for example, you can not move the pin PIO1_20 to PIO0_10.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos