Can I use an SCTimer triggerred by I2S_TX_SW signal to start a counter

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use an SCTimer triggerred by I2S_TX_SW signal to start a counter

jonathansmith
Contributor III

In order to synchronise the I2S interface across a distributed system, I want to start a counter on the falling edge of I2S_TX_WS. When I receive a global synchronising signal I then want to read the counter value, which I will use to re-synchronise the I2S interface with the other units.

Can this be done with the SCT timer? I’ve read that I can use SCTimer input 6 for the I2S_TX_WS, but I am not sure if this can be used to start a counter, or how to implement it.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonathan Smith 

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Can this be done with the SCT timer?
-- Yes, it's available.
2) how to implement it?
-- In the event control register, it supports to arise an event by detecting the edge or level changing of the input pin, when an event happens, it can trigger an interrupt occurs, in the interrupt function, record the input pulse is definitely available.
In further, I've attached an application note which demonstrates a collection of examples and usage notes for the
SCTimer/PWM block used in NXP microcontrollers, please refer to it for details.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos