cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio on hitex 4350 board - i2c configuration fails

haukekrüger
Contributor I

Hi,

I have recently received a Hitex lpc4350 board. I downloaded lpcOpen 2.20 for that board first but there is a build

error in the official release (just as a hint for those who upload the package).

Nevertheless, I downloaded lpcOpen 2.09 and could get the libraries lpc_board_hitex_eva_4350 and

lpc_chip_43xx to build. My first intended test was the audio example periph_i2s. This did compile but it

does not run: I debugged the problem down to the location where it arises: whenever I try to set the registers

0x10-0x14 on the UDA1380 ADC via I2C, the read back shows me that the write is not successful.

Registers 0x0-0x4 are written successfully before. For example for register 0x11, a value is returned which is not
even in the range of valid values.

I have received that board from someone who probably has modifed the jumper settings. In order to avoid

jumper mismatch, I reconfigured all jumpers according to the original settings taken from the marketing pictures

on the HiTex webpage.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before and may help out?

Thank you and best regards

Hauke

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

haukekrüger
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

thank you for the response. LPCOpen 2.19 compiles without a problem. However, it does not solve the problem. After starting the osci, I finally found the problem: The LPCOpen code does not work since it lacks the pinmuxing. If pinmuxing does not happen, the UDA1380 receives no DAC clock and seems to lock the mentioned registers.

I added pinmuxing and can operate the polling example - though sound is horrible as the resampler seems to be not working properly. I will continue investigating.

Best regards

Hauke

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hauke,

Thanks for your response and letting us know this problem.

Best Regards!
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hauke,

Thank you for reporting the error with the LPCOpen 2.20 package for the LPC4350 board, I have reported this problem with the LPCOpen developers.

Regarding the problem with the I2S example, please try using the I2S example from the attached LPCOpen 2.19 and let me know if the same issue is present. About the Jumper position, you could take a look to the below document that describes the default settings:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/design-support/Hitex-LPC1850-4350-Quickstart-Guide.pdf 

Let me know it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos