cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask for help on emwin demo on LPCXpresso 54628 board

aroplane
Contributor III

Hi there,

I am using the LPCXpresso 54628 demo board and tried a few demo apps. They are all good. But when I get started with emwin demo. No matter in debug mode or downloading it to the flash, the LCD doesn't display anything, no reaction at all. I don't know what is going on. It is my first time to use this demo board.

Any hint to provide? Thanks.

Best regards,
Lei Peng
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lei Peng,

The OM13098 board is supporting the LPC54628 MCU and since we launched the LPC54628 on 2017 and that MCU is part of the longevity program, we’re committed to have that MCU available until 2027. On the board side, the board is not part of the longevity program, the board is tied to the MCU silicon, so we would expect to have the board available around the same time. This is not a commitment but it’s usually how it works.

Regards,

Victor.

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lei,

Victor is right in his statements about longevity for our development boards. These boards are not intended to be designed into end-user products. For that type of product we'd recommend you contact partners such as Embedded Artists (https://www.embeddedartists.com) or Future Designs Inc. (https://www.teamfdi.com

You can remove the LCD on the OM13098 - but take care doing so. You need to carefully cut the adhesive foam pads at the top of the panel, then those at the side. You can then disconnect the flex cable connectors for the LCD and touch screen but gently pulling the top part of the connector.

0 Kudos

aroplane
Contributor III

Hi Victor and Brendon,

Thank both of you for your suggestions! I already contacted the direct tech support for Embedded Wizard and got a tutorial from them. 

We are going to design our apps using this touch screen as a GUI based on this demo board, and wondering if we can replace the LCD with another bigger one or smaller one. That means, we want to use this demo board as a part of our product except for the LCD. We want to detach this screen and replace it with another one, then put it somewhere else using kind of soft PCB or wires or something. Can we do that ourselves? If so, how?

Thanks again for all your replies!

Best regards,

Lei Peng

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos

aroplane
Contributor III

Hi Victor,

Please have a look at the attachments, which are the top and bottom sides of the board. You can see on bottom side which has the LCD, the graphic is very hard to see.

Best regards,

Lei Peng20181109_121118.jpg20181109_121203.jpg

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos