Ask for comments about LPC4300 Playing BMP flastly like movies.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask for comments about LPC4300 Playing BMP flastly like movies.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andrewchen on Fri Jun 14 20:35:54 MST 2013

Hello Gentleman,

I would like to designed a simple relax machine by LPC4350.It can diplay 1024 x 768 RGB565 about 25 frame per second like movies.I conceive 32M Byte/32 bitwidth SDRAM to monopolize the EMC quiken data rate.Progam code is storaged in  quad flash and access by SPIFI.Picture and audio data is storaged in nand flash and access by GPIO.

Firstly pics data is load to SDRAM from Nand flash.Sencondly movie pics would display on LCD by DMA and EMC  from SDRAM .Max ten pics (1024 x 768 RGB565) is  played  by loop cycle,so all pics data can put into SDRAM. No need load  from Nand flash.

Could this be realized?What more comments?

Thinks,

Andrewchen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Tue Jun 18 01:44:02 MST 2013

With the calculator here you can get an idea if there is enough bandwidth:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lcd-bandwidth-calculator-lpc18xx-and-lpc43xx

Use the EMC on 120MHz (as well as the CPU), then you get the highest throughput. The resolution and refresh rate you want to achieve seems to be feasable.

By the way, for applications like this the LPC1850 is suitable as well (chip & software can be exchanged 1:1), then you won't have the overhead with the second core and the FPU.

Regards,

NXP Support Team

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andrewchen on Fri Jun 14 20:42:08 MST 2013

Additionally.I mean that  movie pics can be 25 frames per sencond but the LCD scan frequency should be  60Hz.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos