cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4370+S25FL128L programming flash timeout

jack_chen
Contributor I

Hi,

1. I have two LPC-Link-II, one of Debug and another of Target, tried download program is OK.

2. I designed one board, uC: 4370 LBGA256, flash: S25FL128L.
I tried to download program via JTAG, but get message "Flash Timeout. Reset Target
and try it again".

uVision V5.24.2.0

Debug: LPC-Link-II CMSIS-DAP

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

I check pin define is correct of the 4370 LBGA256 to S25FL128L, am I missing anything?

Can someone please help me?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack Chen,

Thanks for your reply.
I'd like to illustrates the procedure of testing below.
1. Assure the staus of P2.7 is high and configure the boot pins to force the MCU to enter USB ISP mode.

pastedImage_1.png

Fig 1

2. Click the Boot LPCScrypt.

Untitled1.jpg

Fig 2

3. Input cd bin to transfer to bin file
4. Input lpcscrypt queryflash to recognize the flash.

pastedImage_8.png

Fig 3

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jack_chen
Contributor I

Hi NXP Support:

I following your provide steps test my design card, but get message "No serial ports".

pastedImage_1.png

1. I have keep ISP P2_7 as low voltage. 

pastedImage_4.png

2. I checked boot ping and boot mode is right.

pastedImage_2.png

3. My designed board's USB its the same as LPC Link2.

pastedImage_3.png

Do you have any suggestions for me?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack Chen,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Firstly, using LPCScrypt to recognize the SPIFI flash to confirm whether the hardware connection is right.
If the S25FL128L is able to be recognized, definitely, it represents that the debug issue about the compatibility between the flash algorithm and the S25FL128L.
Please refer to the attachment, and give a shot.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jack_chen
Contributor I

Hi NXP Support
I using LPCScrypt to recognize the SPIFI flash to confirm on LPC Link2. Test result: connect is right.
But I try my designed one board encountered can't connect to LPC4370.

pastedImage_1.png

1. I checked boot ping and boot mode is right.

pastedImage_2.png

2. I use USB connect, but device manager haven't find LPC device on my laptop.

About LPC4370 USB boot, am I missing anything?
LPCScrypt tools only support LPC Link2?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack Chen,

Thanks for your reply.
1)LPCScrypt tools only support LPC Link2?
-- No, I don't think so. Whether you can find the DFU device in Device Manager after plugging the LPC4370.

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

jack_chen
Contributor I

Hi NXP Support

I can find the DFU device in Device Manager after plugging the LPC Link2.

But, I can't find the DFU device in Device Manager after plugging the my designed one board.

The LPC4370 boot ROM support S25FL128L?

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack Chen,

Thanks for your reply.
Actually, the chip will be enumerated as DFU class device after attaching the USB port when the chip boot from USB, it's nothing with the external QSPI, as the code is stored in ROM area.
I think you should use the following steps to recognize the external QSPI instead of click Boot LPCscrpt directly.

Untitled1.jpgFig 1

1. Open command window
2. Input cd ~\bin to transfer to bin file

pastedImage_8.png

Fig 2

3. Input LPCScrypt queryspifi‍‍‍‍‍‍ to recognize the flash.
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos