cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1769 Board Revision C?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by documentroot on Thu Jan 23 02:32:34 MST 2014
Hi folks,

I picked up an LPC 1769 from element 14, and found that the pin layout is different than the data sheet suggests. Upon further inspection, noticed that my board is hardware rev C, and the data sheet only mentions A and B: Link

I can't seem to find any information about this revision, wondering if other changes have been made besides the pin layout. Did I get a knockoff somehow? I ordered from element 14, as recommended by NXP...

Thanks for any help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Fri Jan 31 15:46:03 MST 2014

Quote: andersrosvall
The LPCXpresso LPC1769 still fits the LPCXpresso base board. The 19 "pins" in the middle are not even connected on the base board.

Okay, actually I misread your previous post and thought that the spacing between the two rows of 27 pins had changed.  I found this http://www.embeddedartists.com/sites/default/files/support/xpr/EA-XPR-003_Change_Note.pdf and it cleared up my confusion.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Fri Jan 31 14:23:35 MST 2014
Hi,
The LPCXpresso LPC1769 still fits the LPCXpresso base board. The 19 "pins" in the middle are not even connected on the base board. See a high resolution picture of the board here: http://www.embeddedartists.com/sites/default/files/image/product/xpr_base.png
Kind Regards,
Anders
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Fri Jan 31 13:32:21 MST 2014

The LPC1769 board is now at rev C. The difference between rev B and C is that the position of the holes in between the 27-pos edge holes has changed slightly. This was to fit the board with the LPCXpresso Motor Control board rev B.
Kind Regards,
Anders @ EA team (the producer of the LPCXpresso boards)

Hi Anders,

Does the rev C board fit the LPCXpresso Base Board?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Mon Jan 27 08:57:03 MST 2014
Hi,
No, I'm sorry but there is no official documentation around this. We will add a note about this on the product page for the board on our website.
Kind Regards,
Anders
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by documentroot on Fri Jan 24 20:47:59 MST 2014

Hi,
The LPCXpresso boards undergo some revisions during their lifetime. The LPC1769 board is now at rev C. The difference between rev B and C is that the position of the holes in between the 27-pos edge holes has changed slightly. This was to fit the board with the LPCXpresso Motor Control board rev B.
Kind Regards,

Thanks Anders - Is there any documentation specific to the board that documents this change? (I'd like to add this to the MIDIbox project wiki)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Fri Jan 24 15:17:58 MST 2014
Hi,
The LPCXpresso boards undergo some revisions during their lifetime. The LPC1769 board is now at rev C. The difference between rev B and C is that the position of the holes in between the 27-pos edge holes has changed slightly. This was to fit the board with the LPCXpresso Motor Control board rev B.
Kind Regards,
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by documentroot on Fri Jan 24 00:32:45 MST 2014

Quote: TheFallGuy
Are you getting confused between the BOARD revision and the CHIP revision?

The LPCXpresso board revision is C. I don't think there is a CHIP revision C. AFAIK, the board pinouts are the same across ALL LPCXpresso boards (LPC17, LPC13, LPC11 etc).

Sorry, wasn't clear - I'm interested in the LPCXpresso board revision. I'm using this with a custom base board and the pinout doesn't match. Should I move this to the LPCXpresso forum?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Thu Jan 23 12:20:46 MST 2014
Hi documentrot,
Could you please take clear photo of chip marking. We can tell the chip details. Alternatively, you can look page 3 of following documents to check the device details.
http://www.nxp.com/documents/errata_sheet/ES_LPC176X.pdf
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Jan 23 04:20:37 MST 2014
Are you getting confused between the BOARD revision and the CHIP revision?

The LPCXpresso board revision is C. I don't think there is a CHIP revision C. AFAIK, the board pinouts are the same across ALL LPCXpresso boards (LPC17, LPC13, LPC11 etc).
0 Kudos