Where is the project to build the platform library for I2C RTOS demo?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the project to build the platform library for I2C RTOS demo?

Jump to solution
davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I am trying to build the I2C RTOS demo using MQX. I have imported:

i2c_rtos_mqx_frdmk22f

mqx_frdmk22f

mqx_stdlib_frdmk22F

nshell_frdmk22F

When I build all, everything goes OK except that I get:

make: *** No rule to make target `C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.1.0/demos/i2c_rtos/i2c_rtos_mqx/kds/frdmk22f/../../../../../lib/ksdk_mqx_lib/kds/K22F51212/Debug/libksdk_platform_mqx.a', needed by `i2c_rtos_mqx_frdmk22f.elf'.

I try to (re)build just the first thinking that it may have been built as one of the later ones, but get the same error.

What project am I missing?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You also need the KSDK MQX Platform library. This is the library that brings in all the KSDK drivers/HAL, with some special defines in the project settings so that it also works with the rest of the MQX RTOS. You can find this library at /lib/ksdk_mqx_lib/kds/K22F51212/

-Anthony

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

You need to add the ksdk_mqx_lib and build this library,

pastedImage_0.png

Then you can build the demo without issues.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Soledad,

Since I'm new to this environment, I'm trying to learn more about the ins and outs, etc. After taking the step Anthony suggested, I was able to get it to work. But, in your list of projects, I see:

bsp_frdmk2f

ksdk_platform_lib_K22f51212

psp_frdmk22f120m

Are these extraneous and not used at link time? Or, do they provide some advantage/feature that I'm not aware of?

Thanks

0 Kudos
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

The BSP and PSP libraries are only found in "MQX for KSDK 1.0.0 Beta" release. They are no longer in the newer KSDK 1.1 release, so that's why you don't see them. The ksdk_platform_lib_K22F51212 is the non-MQX version of the KSDK platform library. Since you're using MQX, you need the MQX version of that platform library which I pointed you to in my original post.

So you're not missing anything, you're all good to go.

-Anthony

0 Kudos
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You also need the KSDK MQX Platform library. This is the library that brings in all the KSDK drivers/HAL, with some special defines in the project settings so that it also works with the rest of the MQX RTOS. You can find this library at /lib/ksdk_mqx_lib/kds/K22F51212/

-Anthony

0 Kudos
davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the pointer. I figured it was something simple like that but I felt as though I was trying to find a needle in the haystack.

I have now been able to run all the KSDK demos for the K22F that do not require two boards. For me that's a significant milestone.

Thanks!

0 Kudos