What is the best way to implement a MSD FATfs Host with MQX ans KSDK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to implement a MSD FATfs Host with MQX ans KSDK?

MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

My customer has started a new project with K22 in KDS. He wants to use Processor Expert to initialize the CPU and peripherals. He feels comfortable to use MQX, also. One of the things he needs is storing data into a USB memory stick.

We saw there is a demo for mfs_usb in SDK and it is exactly what we need. But, it doesn't use Processor Expert. How can we do it with Processor Expert? There is an example posted in this Community, but K22 is a USB device in that case and its RAM is used (How to implement a USB Device MSD demo based on KSDK PEx components and KDS 3.0)

There is a way to do it by intregrating mfs_usb_FATfs demo in our project by following the steps from other documents also posted in this Community:

Creating a New USB project with KSDK and Processor Expert support in KDS

How To: Create an MQX RTOS for KSDK project with Processor Expert in Kinetis Design Studio IDE

But we would like to know if this really is the best and easiest way to do it in a project with Processor Expert.

Can anybody help us please?

Thanks and best regards,

Marco Coelho

Siletec Eletronica

Labels (1)
3 Replies

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marco,

You can create a new MQX for KSDK and PEx project like How To: Create an MQX RTOS for KSDK project with Processor Expert in Kinetis Design Studio IDE shows, then, you can add MFS support How to add MFS and Shell support to a new MQX RTOS for KSDK and PEx project​.

After project is created and MFS is added, you can implement USB functionality as shown in USB documents: How to implement a USB Device MSD demo based on KSDK PEx components and KDS 3.0​ and Creating a New USB project with KSDK and Processor Expert support in KDS​. Or you can use <KSDK_1_2_PATH>\examples\frdmk22f\demo_apps\usb\device\msd\mqx\kds example as guidance.

It shouldn't be so difficult to implement USB MSD + MFS + PEx functionality if you follow these documents.

I hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Isaac

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hi, Isaac

Thanks for attention.

If I could use Processor Expert to do this, it would be far better and easier. The MSD demo which is posted in Community sounds interesting, but it seems to be a device, but not a Host as I need, as far as I understood.

Do you have any example with Processor MSD component to use K22 as the USB-MSD Host to write and read data into / from a USB stick? I tried to use it, but there are a lot of things to set in this component. It seems to be too complicated!

Otherwise, I go on by manually adding the SDK files, as needed, by following the documentation posted in Community.

Best regards,

Marco Aurelio P. Coelho

0 Kudos

vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

unfortunately PEx MSD component supports only "Device" and there is no plan to support "Host" in future.

best regards

Vojtech Filip