cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use an RTC example - source files missing in KDS 3.0

Jump to solution
piotrcerba
Contributor III

Hello, I am willing to implement RTC based on the example app from Kinetis SDK 1.2.0 for KL43.

I added following folders as the header files source, they are the same as the ones for the RTC example (and a couple more):

81178_81178.PNGCapture5.PNG

81281_81281.PNGCapture8.PNG

Header files are successfully recognized, however, I am missing the source files connected to them. For example fsl_rtc_driver.h has the bool RTC_DRV_IsAlarmPending(uint32_t instance); function prototype. It is obvious that its body is present in fsl_rtc_driver.c which is in the folder I also included into project settings. Unfortunately it does not see any of the .c files, even though they are correctly seen in the project tree:

81279_81279.PNGCapture6.PNG

Compiler gives following errors:

81280_81280.PNGCapture7.PNG

Since the path with required .c source files is correctly added - I don't know what am I missing.

There must be some non-manual way to fix this problem. How to do it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Piotr Cerba:

Each of the example projects have the KSDK platform library linked. You have built the library but most probably you are missing the step of linking the generated library object file to your project. You can do this from Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cross ARM C Linker -> Other objects.

To avoid this kind of issue and since you are starting with KSDK then I recommend you to follow the next guide, which will help you understand how to create KSDK projects from scratch in KDS:

Writing my first KSDK1.2 Application in KDS3.0 - Hello World and Toggle LED with GPIO Interrupt

If any issues arise just let us know.

Regards!,

Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Have you build the KSDK platform library ? Please refer to here :

Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\doc\Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK) v.1.2.pdf\5.3 Build the platform library .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
piotrcerba
Contributor III

Yes, I have built the platform library right after installing SDK a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT: Of course - the example project with RTC compiles fine and works perfectly on UART.

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Piotr Cerba:

Each of the example projects have the KSDK platform library linked. You have built the library but most probably you are missing the step of linking the generated library object file to your project. You can do this from Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cross ARM C Linker -> Other objects.

To avoid this kind of issue and since you are starting with KSDK then I recommend you to follow the next guide, which will help you understand how to create KSDK projects from scratch in KDS:

Writing my first KSDK1.2 Application in KDS3.0 - Hello World and Toggle LED with GPIO Interrupt

If any issues arise just let us know.

Regards!,

Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!