cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded "Selected directory does not contain Kinetis SDK 2.x for KDS" error

Jump to solution
robertpoor
Senior Contributor I

I've read other threads about how to build a proper SDK that includes the KDS tools (rather than GNU tools).  

As far as I can tell, I have selected the KDS tools while building my SDK, yet I'm still getting "Selected directory does not contain Kinetis SDK 2.x for KDS" when I try to build a new project.

Here's the full rundown:

I visited Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools and created a new configuration:

194535_194535.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-20 at 10.00.35 AM.png

I selected "Config Settings" and selected "Kinetis Design Studio":

194536_194536.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-20 at 10.00.56 AM.png

I reviewed the details, confirmed that it included "Toolchain: Kinetis Design Studio" before saving the download file:

194537_194537.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-20 at 10.01.35 AM.png

I unzipped the freshly-downloaded SDK_2.2_FRDM-KL25Z-full.tar.gz file.  

Then, in KDS_v3, I selected File => New => Kinetis SDK 2.x Project.

In the Kinetis SDK 2.x Project Wizard, I selected the SDK_2.2_FRDM-KL25Z-full directory, but was greeted with the "Selected directory does not contain Kinetis SDK 2.x for KDS" error message:

194538_194538.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-20 at 10.04.57 AM.png

I'm baffled as  to why this is.  I'm attaching the FRDM-KL25Z_manifest.xml file in case that helps.

- Robert

Original Attachment has been moved to: FRDM-KL25Z_manifest.xml.zip

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

I have tried on my machine, I used SDK manifest that you posted and select the folder in New Project Wizard. There is no error displayed and New Project Wizard allows me to select processor or board.

I think New Project Wizard on your machine is not installed properly. Try to uninstall it and install again or re-install KDS. The last version of New Project Wizard contains check box to select default location - see attached screenshot.

You can also find details about problems in Error Log (main menu Window - Show View - Other - Error Log)

Regards

Marek

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Marek

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

you need the latest version of new project wizard updated from update site. You can find current version in main menu - Help - About Kinetis Design Studio - Installation Details. Latest version is 2.1, see attached picture.

For instructions about update please refer to docs\Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK.pdf document in your SDK package.

Regards

Marek

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos
robertpoor
Senior Contributor I

I'd already considered that possibility, and I even did a "check for updates", but my Project Wizard was already 2.1.0.201703201355, as you can see below.  Any other thoughts?

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 6.43.18 AM.png

For what it's worth, an older manifest that DOES work starts with:

<ksdk:manifest xmlns:ksdk="http://nxp.com/ksdk/2.0/ksdk_manifest.xsd" ... >

And the recently generated manifest that does NOT work starts with:

<ksdk:manifest xmlns:ksdk="http://nxp.com/ksdk/2.0/ksdk_manifest_v3.0.xsd"  ... >
0 Kudos
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

I have tried on my machine, I used SDK manifest that you posted and select the folder in New Project Wizard. There is no error displayed and New Project Wizard allows me to select processor or board.

I think New Project Wizard on your machine is not installed properly. Try to uninstall it and install again or re-install KDS. The last version of New Project Wizard contains check box to select default location - see attached screenshot.

You can also find details about problems in Error Log (main menu Window - Show View - Other - Error Log)

Regards

Marek

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Marek
robertpoor
Senior Contributor I

I tried removing / re-installing New Project Wizard but that didn't help.  I then reinstalled kds v 3.2.0 from scratch, and used "Check For Updates" to install the following packages (including the new Project Wizard).  Now it accepts the new SDK format.  I'm not sure what was wrong, but I'm marking this as solved.  Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 10.25.33 AM.png

0 Kudos