cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL03Z8 -running out of space when using KDS3.0 /KSDK1.3

liviudanaila
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am new to the Freescale IDE and KDS. I have a project where I was trying to use MKL03Z8 to run a few very simple tasks. I only need an interrupt tick and a PWM output running off the internal MCU clock in this simple controller. I configured the ports and clock using Processor Expert and the test code compiles fine. The problem is that before even adding the interrupt manager the .elf has a size of 0x1A64. As soon as I add the interrupt manager or the timer I run out of space. Unfortunately I already built the boards using the MCU that has only 8K Flash, and I would appreciate if I can get some help to address this issue. I've been trying for a few days already to get it to work and I am about to give up...

I think that the problem is that both the clock manager and the interrupt controller are high level drivers with a lot of functionality and options packed inside, and their complied size is to large to fit inside the smallest flash size in this family.

Does anybody have a simple project that sets the internal clock to IRC, LPTMR to generate an interrupt and one of the other timers to generate a PWM?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

liviudanaila
Contributor I

After spending a few days to figure out the IDE and Processor Expert I had to give up on it today as I was running out of time. It took me about one hour in Keil uVision to get the project up and running.

The abstraction offered by PE is probably useful for large MCUs, but at a high price in terms of code size. The compiled code for the same project that I was trying to implement in the Freescale IDE is only 1.4K (interrupt, timer+int, GPIOs) and I have plenty of room to add the rest.

I hope this helps the others that are working with small flash memory sizes...

0 Kudos