Kinetis Studio / KSDK support for TWR-K60F120M and/or its MCU ( MK60FN1M0VLQ12 )

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Studio / KSDK support for TWR-K60F120M and/or its MCU ( MK60FN1M0VLQ12 )

tiborsomogyi
Contributor III

Hello,

I have the TWR-K60120M and I would like to build the SDK / create new project for this board/MCU with Kinetis Studio... but I don't find the board/MCU reference on the availble list. Are the board / MCU supported by NXP tools ? How can I develop for this device, if it is not supported ?

Thanks and regards

Tibor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tibor.

Unfortunately K60 with 120MHz (TWR-K60F120M) is not supported by KSDK.

For new supported MCU in KSDK please see link https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329783 

You can develop in KDS but you should select Processors option and choose specific MCU.

K60.png

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

tiborsomogyi
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you for the info... so for the moment I will use KDS and create SDK 1.0  type project.

On the other hand I followed the link you provided, and it is written:

"Additional releases are planned throughout the first half of 2016 that will bring all v1 supported devices into the KSDK v2"

Is it still valid ( i.e. SDK2.0 will include support for the TWR-K60F120M/MK60Fxxx MCUs ) ?

Best Regards

Tibor

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tibor.

I don´t recommend you to use the oldest KSDK version. It is not easy to port from KSDK 1.0 to 2.0.

For future plans please ask below on the thread https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329783?sr=search&searchId=7dc98988-0812-48f8-9a08-44c0931316e5&se...

Thank you,

Have a nice day.

Iva

0 Kudos

tiborsomogyi
Contributor III

Thank you a lot... now I know what you don't recommend :-)... could you recommend an IDE supporting this MCU, please ?

Also, as you suggest, I'll post the question about the availability of the support on the thread about Kinetis SDK v2.

Cheers

Tibor

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tibor,

yes. You can use KDS but without KSDK support.

At the moment there is no plan to support this 120MHz MCU by KSDK.

You can use other examples for this board - Processor Expert, MQX and other runtime examples.

Anyway, if you plan big business, we could discuss about it.

Have a nice day.

Iva

0 Kudos