KDS3.0 / SKD1.2 without PE ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS3.0 / SKD1.2 without PE ?

RsBogdan
Contributor I

Customer has issues with  KSDK documentation. They have a project up and running not using processor expert in KDS2.0 . They want to migrate to KDS3.0/SDK1.2 .However they encounter many issues. They are still trying not to use PE but would like to use the "functions" listed in the libraries.  None of these seems to be documented.

I’ve only spent a few hours using it so far, and this is a sample of what I’ve found:

(I’ll explain the first one in detail, then be more abbreviated afterward)

1. ADC16 support of hardware averaging is not documented

Our project used “ADC16_DRV_EnableHwAverage()” under SDK 1.1.0

The HTTP documentation for SDK 1.1.0 does not show this function at all

The HTTP documentation for SDK 1.2.0 does not show this function at all

The source code for the ADC16 driver in KSDK 1.1.0 is at: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\platform\drivers\inc\fsl_adc16_driver.h

The function name and arguments changed for KSDK 1.2.0.  There’s a new structure in KSDK 1.2.0 that isn’t in the documentation either. (adc16_hw_average_config_t)

I get no matches when I try to search for “ADC16_DRV_EnableHwAverage” in KSDK 1.1.0 documentation.

I get no matches when I search for “ADC16_DRV_ConfigHwAverage” or “adc16_hw_average_config_t” in KSDK 1.2.0 documentation.

1. KSDK 1.2.0 seems to have dropped support for RTC_HAL_SetWakeupPinCmd(). Was this intentional? We were using it in KSDK 1.1.0, but again it does not appear in the documentation.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rsbogdan,

The architecture of KSDK1.2 has been changed greatly, about the difference, please refer to SDK1.0 and SDK1.2 release note.

Just like what you have said, the document really don't have ADC16_DRV_EnableHwAverage function in both KSDK1.1.0 and KSDK1.2.0, I think the document have missed it, the document don't have the ADC average function, not only KSD1.1.0, but also 1.2.0.

But you can find the function description from the adc driver headfile.

ADC16_DRV_EnableHwAverage function is in KSDK1.1.0, but it is not in KSDK1.2.0.

ksdk1.2.0 is using ADC16_DRV_ConfigHwAverage for hardware average, you can find it from fsl_adc16_driver.c.

About the incomplete of document, I will tell this problem to our KSDK engineer, they will update it.

2. About the support for RTC_HAL_SetWakeupPinCmd()

I think it is intentional, because don't like KSDK1.1 just support few devices, KSDK1.2 supports more devices, but the wakeup pin is optional and not available on all devices.

To support more devices, so delete this register function.

But if you want to use it, you can use the register control it directly.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos