cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 3.0 (with KSDK 1.3.0) +  FRDM-K64F + FatFs + SDHC

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I am having issues reading the SDmicro card.   I am using barebone (not using PE or QMX)!

Here is what I am experiencing:

If I do a quick format from my PC and copy the file of interest into the SDmicro card and I run it through the

software.  The software is able to detect the filename and everything works well.

If I take the same SDmicro card and now do a quick format on a different PC and copy the same exact file of

interest and run it through the software, it fails and I noticed the filename has changed to System1~.

Important:

If I now take the SDmicro card that the software can't find the filename and install it in any PC, the PC is able to recognize

the file and display it properly, I can also open the file and view the information properly.  So, the PCs have no issues

with this SDmicro card.

questions:

1.    Is there an updated driver for the (FatFs & SDHC) that comes with the KSDK1.3.0 that can possible resolve this issue?

2.    Is there a demo, example code, etc.. for the FRDM-K64F or any Kinetis FRDM/TOWER that shows how to read and open the file properly?

I have a project that's due and I am running out of time and I would appreciate any help on this.....

Regards,

Neil

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Neil,

As I know, ksdk 2.0 has updated fatfs to 0.11a, you may try it when it is available. and ksdk 1.3 has provided a demo which is based on USB MSD device application , and it supports SD disk as well, you may modify the disk.h as below to add SD support.

For more details ,please refer to "C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\usb\device\msd"

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Kan

NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Kan,

Thank you for you advice.

Unfortunately, the following doesn't lead to any files with FatFs or SDK or source code that I can see:

"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\usb\device\msd"

I will look into the possibility of switching to the KSDK 2.0 which has the new version of FatFs 0.11a, maybe this

will take care of some of my issues.

0 Kudos